Electronic Health Records Management: Clinical Pain Relief
The use of Electronic Health Records (EHR) has become a forgone conclusion with the advent of better technology, government mandates/incentives and the rising concerns over the protection of PHI and cyber security. In eliminating a significant amount of paper work, reducing in some cases the opportunity for errors and increasing physician productivity it is the goal to deliver higher quality patient care at a reduced cost.
Electronic Health Records Specialist: The Right Platform for Practices
MGSI, as a national account for both Allscripts and Harris CareTracker offers our physicians electronic health records solutions utilizing these platforms as part of our revenue cycle management services. Physicians can view medical histories of their patients and document new encounters while in or away from the office. Easy-to-use, it allows physicians to document their encounters electronically in addition to helping them code their charges appropriately with Evaluation and Management documentation guidelines.
Our electronic medical health records is built using cloud-computing technology which means you get instant updates, reliable connectivity, and access to complete global content. When choosing an Electronic Health Record efficiency is key. CareTracker offers “one-click” access with flexibility and customization in areas such as:
- Full electronic health records screen view of the last progress note
- Access the patient electronic health record information that is relevant and pertinent via charting flexibility and quick access tools
- Open activities view for all patient visit items that need to be completed for that day
- Track, escalate and monitor results and orders through interface connectivity with labs, radiology and pathology systems
- Monitor and measure measure Meaningful Use participation
- Find ICD-10 diagnosis codes fast
- Document the way your physicians prefer: macro text, voice recognition, point and click, and templates Process prescriptions and refills at any time, including controlled substances
In addition, MGSI works with many other Electronic Health Records vendors in hopes of providing our physician clients the best solution for them.
A Total Solution
The purpose of electronic health records is to not just solve the physicians’ clinical needs, but to help make the entire medical billing process more efficient for the practice.
- Confidence in first pass rates of 97%
- Automated eligibility checking saves time and ensures that your patients are covered
In addition to providing physicians with an electronic health record system, our EHR software is designed to provide physicians with an extension to their clinical and administrative operations with:
- Built-in appointment calendar system
- Surgery schedule
- Patient eligibility
- Document management
- Report viewer
- Secured intra-office email, and more.
Ten key features within your Electronic Health Record and Practice Management solution can help the transition go more efficiently and provide you some savings.
- 1. Implementation- cannot be stressed enough. KNOW your needs and wants when choosing you’re EHR/PM solution. An electronic medical record should enable physician practices achieve greater patient efficiency by streamlining day-to-day operations, strengthening the patient-physician experience and improving patient quality.
- 2. Management Commitment -With that being said, need to have providers and staff on-board for a successful transition. Perhaps this means having small but focused project team that is made up of “systems thinkers” – these are people who understand how the current organization works, but more importantly have the vision of how it could work.
- 3. Robust software emphasizing practice specifications- define which billing data the practice would like to capture that is specific to your practice and/or specialty. Does the electronic health record convert encounters/superbills to claims? Does it “interface” with the practice management software? If not, the process will definitely increase time and cost to the practice. The correct charge application, taxes and discounts for claims should be applied to this feature (critical for ophthalmology and optometry) practices.
- 4. Real time electronic eligibility and electronic claim submission-these features should be a given in any Electronic Health Record. Is the software capable of checking patient eligibility in real time? Will the clearinghouse supply direct claim verification?
- 5. Robust accounting and financial reports- Report management is imperative to any billing features of an Electronic Health Record.
- 6. Electronic tracking of payments- All details should be tracked in the payment process. Features should include the ability to log and communicate every action performed in order to get a claim paid.
- 7. Real time claims rejection analysis- Error codes should be displayed clearly. This feature can enable users to: immediately resolve problematic claims, analyze the reasons for claims rejection and gives the practice an opportunity to monitor red flags as they arise and to implement types of audits.
- 8. Billing codes pulled directly from Electronic Health Record - This automated feature includes pulling (interfacing) the E/M codes and procedures directly from the electronic health record documentation. By pulling patient data as it is being entered during patient history, medical notes, pathology and radiology entries, procedures and prescriptions, services rendered are recorded immediately. Embedded Meaningful Use dashboard helps providers track progress toward meeting Meaningful Use certification.
- 9. Multi- User, secure and user-friendly- Users should be able to utilize powerful embedded claims editing solutions, claim status technology that automatically checks claims status for improvement in reimbursement, automatic claims submissions to name a few.
- 10. Monitoring, backups, and data recovery- Prevention is always the best measure and a system should be firmly in place for system monitoring and backups.
To know more about this Electronic Health Record software call toll free at 877-896-6474 or email email@example.com.